friendliest chicks from Jean, pips&peeps

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by klf73, Aug 8, 2008.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I have lots of chicks, but no matter what I do, none are as friendly as my wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucana(3 weeks old) I got from Jean. I open the brooder (ex-lg dog kennel) and they come charging at me. I didn't know what they wanted the first few times they did it. I pushed them back in and just rubbed their chests a sec, then they started fighting over my hands. So now I have it so I can rub 4 at a time. My silvers were a bit apprehensive at first but now don't want to miss out on anything, so they come get their rubs too. They practically fall asleep while I'm rubbing [​IMG] . My other chickens tolerate me and my silkies look at me like I'm crazy. The Ameraucana remind me of puppies starving for attention, too cute! Now I'm hoping my blues warm up soon too.
    Krista

2. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    how cute chicks r 2 cute

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  3. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Aren't they the funniest little things!

I have one cockerel that runs up to me frantically when I feed them. He just cracks me up.

I cannot take credit for their personalities though as many people have worked very hard breeding these birds and I just started with them last year.

I just hope I can continue to breed these docile temperaments in my offspring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by