Friendliest of the bunch! Will it stay that way?

NJbirdlover

Songster
10 Years
Mar 16, 2009
Salem County, NJ
My BO's are living up to their reputation...very sweet! I have 2 pullets(hopefully) and when we put our hands in the brooder they run right over to us.....to my suprise the 2nd friendliest would have to be our RIR's they are very curious and want to investigate my hand everytime.
Our BR's have been a little nervous, SS's have been pretty good too, but our BA's are very skittish.

Are these current "chickenalities" a preview of what they will be like when they are full grown? They are 4 days old now.

Last edited:
If the friendly chicks stay that way as they grow older and mature...then I am in big trouble!
hide.gif

When I go in and sit with my 4 week old chicks each day....all 25 of them
wink.png
...they are constantly sitting on my shoulders and on my head...in my lap...
( It could be the worms they recieve each time I sit with them??)
woot.gif

I noticed now when I hand feed them they can really pinch fingers so....when they are full grown ...and if they are this friendly as full grown ....I am in big trouble!!
th.gif

Don't let 'em pinch the fingies! Mine started doing that when they were only a few days old, and each time they pinched me I tapped them firmly on the beak. They all learned very quickly not to do it, it did NOT make them fear my hands in any way, and now nomatter what yummy treat I bring them they flock to my hands, but eat it without ever getting the skin
big_smile.png
Dont let them convince you they just have bad aim, it's a lie!

Back
Top Bottom