1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Friendly Ameraucanas story + bantam Brahmas 4 sale S. Idaho/N. Utah

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by SpeckledHills, Aug 7, 2008.

1. SpeckledHills

SpeckledHills Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Idaho/Utah
    Super nice show-quality bantam Buff Brahma hen & roo, plus another pet-quality Buff Brahma roo. Will not be letting these 3 go until after show in October but could make arrangements earlier. $40 for all 3.
    Young brother-sister pair of large fowl Wheaten Ameraucanas. Rare treasure for this area--I only know of 1 other family in Utah or Idaho for sure that has these, though there are possibly 2 other families. This Ameraucana line is SUPER FRIENDLY AND SWEET. $22 for the pair.
    I won't ship any of these, but could help arrange transporting them as far north as Pocatello, Idaho or as far south as Salt Lake City, Utah.
    -------------------
    Edited 9/8/08 to add: Ameraucanas now sold, but more available in spring.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  2. Sunny Girl

Sunny Girl Out Of The Brooder

Sep 7, 2008
    Logan, Utah
    I would love your Wheaten Ameraucana pair!
    Are they still available?
    I am in Logan, Utah.
    When will you be ready to let them go?

3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Where in Idaho are you located? I would love to see the wheaten ameraucanas. I am interested in them but need to talk to DW about it. We want some green egg layers that look "cool" because our easter eggers are looking a little drab next to our Orps, Marans, and Speckled Sussex, but we would like to continue to have greeen eggs.

Thanks!

4. Sunny Girl

Sep 7, 2008
    Logan, Utah
    P.S. Do you know when the Franklin County Fair is this year?

5. SpeckledHills

May 25, 2008
    Idaho/Utah
    Thanks for replies!
    The Franklin County Fair was a few weeks ago. Our Brahma hen placed overall first runner-up! [​IMG]
    I LOVE our Wheaten Large Fowl Ameraucanas! They (plus Blue Wheatens) are what we plan to focus on breeding for years to come. The males are very brightly colored, but I actually I like the soft coloring of the females even better.
    Unfortunately, I already sold the last Ameraucanas I had available a little over 2 weeks ago.
    However, in the spring I hope to get a batch of 25 Blue Wheaten & Wheaten Large Fowl Ameraucana chicks shipped from Paul Smith (well-known Ameraucana breeder) in Texas. I'm working on getting a group of people who want chicks together (There are already at least 2 others interested) to split the chicks & the cost. Would you be interested then? If so, please private-email your phone & regular email address & I'll coordinate with you as plans get further along.
    BTW--Our breeding line lays blue eggs. Some of Paul's lay blue and some somewhat turquoise.

6. SpeckledHills

May 25, 2008
    Idaho/Utah
    I have to add a cute story from today about our Ameraucanas.
    One of my friends who also loves chickens came by to visit today. I took her outside to show her how tame our Ameraucanas are.
    I stepped into the run where we have our breeding hen and two pullets from her. I held out my arm to show my friend Riley's 'trick' of flying up onto my arm. Right away, Riley flew up for some cuddling, and then the next thing I knew, Little had flown up also and perched atop my head!!! My friend said they put on a great show [​IMG]
    They are the loving-est chickens [​IMG]

7. Sunny Girl

Sep 7, 2008
    Logan, Utah
    Congrats on your Brahma Hen's win!!!

I just love that story!
    My ameraucana loves to fly up onto my shoulder when I come out into the yard to socialize with my flock.
    Especially if I sit down.
    It melts my heart like butter!!!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by