friendly coturnix?

Eggcellent7301

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 5, 2011
if i were to hatch coturnix chicks, handle them lots and give em' lots of treats.......could they be friendly? cause i find most people say they are nervous unfriendly birds, and i was wondering if i could change that.

I find my Coturnix to be much more gentle and docile than other quail. They rarely run away when I go to pick them up and usually don't freak out when a person comes by their cage. I actually prefer them to other quail when it comes to being personable and calm.

I believe you may have confused bobs and coturnix. Coturnix will generally sit on you and run to front cage as you walk up to it... Mine are always glad to see me. Bobs are never happy to see me and run to the far side of the pen every time.... Good luck with your birds. Bill

I agree with Bill... My Coturnix are very friendly and happy to see me when it's feed time!
big_smile.png
Bobs are flighty and wild... no matter what u do for or with them!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Much like heroin, quail may become addicting... I had a hatching problem for a while, quail on my back as it were... But Im feelin much better now...Ooo is that a pip!!!....

Back
Top Bottom