Friendly Delawares? Yup, I think so...Check Out These Pics

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by speckledhen, Apr 21, 2009.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

My DH made a "Delaware Tree" today while I was trying to get pics of two particular cockerels. These may qualify as friendly, don't you think? They are 8 weeks old.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    AWE! Yep, I'd say that qualifies! I need to have a conversation with my DH...I need a tree, too! [​IMG]

3. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    THAT IS ADORABLE!! but i don't think the qualify as friendly....they qualify for totally sweet and outgoing!! oh and don't forget adorable!

4. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    Isn't that sweet! My buttercups do that to me. [​IMG]

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Those vicious Delawares were just just sizing him up for biting the right spot to take him down!

6. speckledhen

Oh, yeah, bunch of pirahna, right? [​IMG] Believe me, we know pirahna! The first bunch I have were awful, so I pretty much swore off the breed, but these have redeemed themselves in my eyes.

7. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    good gravy, don't every fall in molasses and then roll in crushed corn and try that! [​IMG]

very sweet. now i am getting in my car to come get those Del's! they are gorgeous!

8. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:AHAHA!!! the "innocent" delawares take over the world!! i can see the headlines now....acting cute and friendly, these birds will catch your heart, when suddenly they take you down! beware!!

9. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Great pics Cyn!

Our Delaware is our friendliest girl. She always is right next to me pecking at my pant-leg for some attention.

10. speckledhen

This bunch is coming along nicely. The markings will clear up and evolve as they get closer to maturity and I'll be able to decide which cockerel to keep. I'm keeping all five pullets to add my Kira to for a half doz hens and one rooster in the end.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by