Friends, BYCers, Countrymen/women... lend me your cookie recipes!

Tanichca

Sparkle Magnet
10 Years
May 6, 2009
Vail, Arizona
Hello all!
Well, our electric mixer broke. And my brother and I were planning on entering a dessert making contest at our teen group, with chocolate dipped banana creme sandwich cookies. So... does anyone have any good recipes (for really delicious desserts) that dont require a mixer? It doenst even need to be cookies, it can be anything, easily portable of course. Thanks in advance!
-Tani

FireTigeris

Tyger! Tyger! burning bright
10 Years
Nov 22, 2009
Jacksonville, FL - Arligton-
Every minute in a mixer is:

Low = one minute of hand mixing
medium = two minutes of hand mixing
high = three minutes of hand mixing
Whip = five minutes of hand mixing

people made cookies before machines.

Your problem is if its supposed to be on Medium for 5 minutes in a mixer... that's 10 minutes mixing by hand ... ohh the pain! I can do about 5 myself, with a break every other minute.

(or take a hand beater)

HEChicken

Crowing
11 Years
Aug 12, 2009
BuCo, KS
My Coop
I have a mixer but have never used it when making cookies - somehow its the mixing by hand that gives them the home-made feel to me! If I were you, I would stick with your original recipe and just mix it by hand - I bet it will be delish!

AinaWGSD

Songster
9 Years
Apr 2, 2010
Sullivan, IL
Quote:I agree. My husband uses our kitchenaid mixer for just about everything, I hardly ever use it. I have a "cookie spoon" that is ONLY to be used for making desserts (it should never ever be used for cooking or mixing meat, we have a different spoon for that). It's an old wooden spoon, used often enough that there is a slight curve to the handle. My mother used it to make cookies when I was a child and when my wooden mixing spoon broke (after only a year or two I might add...I guess they just don't make them like they used to) she gave it to me.

We also have a handheld electric mixer, which I also rarely use. I mostly use it to make cake batter or mashed potatoes.

Tanichca

Sparkle Magnet
10 Years
May 6, 2009
Vail, Arizona
I have one problem... I have some issues with my hands, so I cant mix. But i bet I can con my older brother (who spends every available second pounding on solid steel to make swords) to do it for me!

Top Bottom