Friends, BYCers, Countrymen/women... lend me your cookie recipes!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Tanichca, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    Hello all!
    Well, our electric mixer broke. And my brother and I were planning on entering a dessert making contest at our teen group, with chocolate dipped banana creme sandwich cookies. So... does anyone have any good recipes (for really delicious desserts) that dont require a mixer? It doenst even need to be cookies, it can be anything, easily portable of course. Thanks in advance!
    [​IMG] -Tani

2. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Every minute in a mixer is:

Low = one minute of hand mixing
    medium = two minutes of hand mixing
    high = three minutes of hand mixing
    Whip = five minutes of hand mixing

people made cookies before machines. [​IMG]

Your problem is if its supposed to be on Medium for 5 minutes in a mixer... that's 10 minutes mixing by hand ... ohh the pain! I can do about 5 myself, with a break every other minute.

(or take a hand beater)

3. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    [​IMG]

4. hannakat

hannakat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA
  5. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    I have a mixer but have never used it when making cookies - somehow its the mixing by hand that gives them the home-made feel to me! If I were you, I would stick with your original recipe and just mix it by hand - I bet it will be delish!

6. bluesub

bluesub Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2011
    Pittsburgh
  7. AinaWGSD

AinaWGSD Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Sullivan, IL
    Quote:I agree. My husband uses our kitchenaid mixer for just about everything, I hardly ever use it. I have a "cookie spoon" that is ONLY to be used for making desserts (it should never ever be used for cooking or mixing meat, we have a different spoon for that). It's an old wooden spoon, used often enough that there is a slight curve to the handle. My mother used it to make cookies when I was a child and when my wooden mixing spoon broke (after only a year or two I might add...I guess they just don't make them like they used to) she gave it to me.

We also have a handheld electric mixer, which I also rarely use. I mostly use it to make cake batter or mashed potatoes.

8. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    I have one problem... I have some issues with my hands, so I cant mix. But i bet I can con my older brother (who spends every available second pounding on solid steel to make swords) to do it for me! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by