Friends in San Bruno, CA

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Sep 9, 2010.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Please check in tell us that you are ok. There was a HUGE explosion up there and so far over a dozen homes are on fire and an unknown number of casualties.

It looks HORRIBLE!!!! [​IMG]

2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I saw the photos of the fire. It is so scary. I just don't know how fast the home owners could get out, and how would they save their chickens let a lone their cats and dogs. My prays are with them tonight.

3. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    With the fire ball as high as it is it must be a natural gas main that is feeding the fire. It looked like that the fire fighters can't even get close enough to even attempt to put it out. I hope they can get the main shut off soon. I think about it and I just know that the best any one could do is grab the dog or cat and run. I think of what it would mean to me to evacuate with all my pets, and I know that it would take me at least 20 minutes to get everyone out, and even then I know that I would have to leave the fish in the tank. I love my eel and Plecostomus. I would hate to have to leave them behind.

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

All I know is the media has said that there were reports of a huge fireball near a gas main. Media = half truths, so I really have no idea, just am really concerned for our members that may live near there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by