Friendship Problems..Please look..

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by PippyChicken, Nov 2, 2010.

1. PippyChicken

PippyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2009
    AL
    Right now I am having friend problems..this has been going on for a while and I need ya'lls opinion..3-4 years ago..Me and my friend were BEST friends! We did everything together and got along great..We had so much in common 2 years..We ran out of things to talk about and she was hanging with all the "popular people" Eventually she did that again..and again..and each time she came running back to me I kept letting her.. It happened alot and everytime I would get extremely upset..1 year..Eventually I got use to it..Currently-We had been best friends for ever since the beginning of the year.Then she decided she didn't want to be my friend anymore so she dumped me again.I got use to it so we remained friends.This weekend I stayed at her house and we had sooo much fun,until I locked her out of the house for literally 5 second and she got so mad.She didn't speak to me for the rest of the day.I'll admit I did say somethings to her that were a little rude but still..She has been really mad at me this week.I tried talking to her today and she wouldn't be nice to me and kept trying to ignore me.I called her and texted her and tried to talk to her over Facebook since the beginning of the week.I don't know what to do because she's been the only person I could ever trust and I have alot of secrets about her..I would like to be friends but of course she is mad at me and I have been trying to fix it but it's just not working..Please help me.Thanks.

2. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    My advice...give her time, and space, and lastly but most certainly NOT LEAST...find other friends so she is not the center of everything you know friendship to be, and if she leaves again...you have other folks to hang out with too. It's really no big deal to NOT have a "best" friend, but a lot of good friends instead. The whole "best friends" thing is overrated to a large degree, and makes you miss out on other potentially REALLY GOOD friends. Leave your options open. You can still like to hang with her best, but don't bank everything on her always being available. Nobody is that exclusively committed to friendship...I mean only SOME people are that committed to marriage for cryin out loud! Food for thought kiddo [​IMG] Sorry you're taking it so hard!

3. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

You say this person is the only person in the world you really trust but prior to that you tell us that she dumps you periodically without reason for indefinite periods of time. Can you really trust someone who does this? I agree. You need new friends, new activities and new interests that do NOT include this person. If she comes into your life again please do not put her at the center of it.

4. PippyChicken

Jul 2, 2009
    AL
    The thing is we go to school together and are in the same classes so it's pretty hard to ignore her..I have other good friends but one of my good friends is stepping in and trying to fix it and it's really just making it worse..

5. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    She's not finding it too hard to ignore you though. Don't let it get to you, and don't let the other friend try to patch things up. Tell her that is not acceptable. If she doesn't stop...ignore her too [​IMG]

6. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Young people tend to get into really intense relationships and best friends can have a really rocky path. I think the best thing to do, is to just chill, relax, don't take everything so personal, and just - relax.

If she doesn't want to hang out with you all the time - let her. It's not a big deal. Cultivate some other friends and spread the intensity around some, try to avoid getting into that feeling that people HAVE to do certain things for you or you won't be happy.

I don't like that you locked her out of the house or said rude things to her. My guess is that you were mad at her for disappearing off with her other friends and not hanging out with you. You really need to learn to just let people do what they want to do and just be more relaxed with them.

7. PippyChicken

Jul 2, 2009
    AL
    I'm not mad at her for hanging out with other friends but I do have a problem when she talks about them behind they're back then hangs out with them the next day..

8. crazy goose lover

crazy goose lover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2010
    Athens Illinois
    I have a lot of secrets about her? Are you trying to use those secrets to keep her as your friend? If you are her friend keep those secrets to yourself no matter what she does. You be the bigger person.

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:She doesnt sound like a very nice person...

10. PippyChicken

Jul 2, 2009
    AL
    No I'm not using those secrets against her to keep her as a friend but she tells me everything about her life when she doesn't tell her other "best friends" because she knows I won't tell them to the world like everyone else does..

redhen-she's really not

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by