Friesian/Paint Colt at 13 months old

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by danischi24, Apr 13, 2012.

1. danischi24

danischi24 Loves naked pets

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    I've taken half ownership (soon to be full) of the colt I wanted. On his first birthday a few weeks ago, we measured him at just under 15.1hh & string tested him at 16.3/17hh!!
    I gave him a bath before the pics which he didn't behave fabulously for & today we trimmed his hooves but in the pics they are still grown out.
    In the first pic, he is giving kisses to our 17.1hh Friesian stallion, 5 minutes after he covered a mare & just before our dressage lesson. They put on the wrong tack, excuse the weird western bit, he's a snaffle mouth [​IMG]
    ETA:
    I haven't decided on a name yet though. It will be Danatova .......... as that's my stud name.
    Thus far I just call him the Donkey because he's very lazy & laid back, especially when running (walking [​IMG] ) with the nutty Arabians. Name ideas are welcome

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  2. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    He is beautiful! I love his blue eyes! [​IMG] Congratulations!

3. danischi24

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    Thanks [​IMG]
    One eye is 1/4 blue & the other one is 1/2 or 3/4 blue. I haven't decided on a name yet though. It will be Danatova something as that's my stud name. These are a few of the names I have for male horses though I don't think I'll use one of them:
    Tarragon
    Cassiel
    Comet
    Asher
    Tamarello
    Talaren
    Tal-or

Thus far I just call him the Cha-mor (Ch is phlegm) which is donkey in Hebrew because he's very lazy & laid back, especially when running (walking [​IMG] ) with the nutty Arabians. Name ideas are welcome [​IMG]

4. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    He is going to grow up to be a pretty boy.
    Keep us posted.

5. rebel-rousing-at-night

rebel-rousing-at-night Chillin' With My Peeps

He certainly is a beauty! [​IMG]

6. danischi24

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by