1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Frisian Gull sexing

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BBecker74, Mar 12, 2017.

1. BBecker74

BBecker74 New Egg

Mar 12, 2017
    Hey, this was our first time raising chicks, we bought 6 just hatched Frisian Gulls from Greenfire farms stock with the intention of keeping 2 pullets and selling the rest. They are about 6 weeks old now and doing great, I think we ended up with 5 pullets and 1 cockerel, but I'm far from an expert. We will be looking to sell any Cockerels and extra pullets that we don't have room for but want to be sure what we have. Anyone here have any experience with this breed that can help with sexing?

Thanks[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Very pretty birds but, I never heard of them. At first I thought they would be some kind of seagull. Think the time change has affected my common sense

3. Minnowey

Minnowey Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2016
    Northwest Oregon
    You've definitely got the one cockerel. Nobody else is looking too cockerel like. They are gorgeous. Have they been very predator savvy?
    :welcome

4. BBecker74

BBecker74 New Egg

Mar 12, 2017
    Thanks for the help, so far they haven't had to be so thats yet to be seen. We're in the city limits and until now we've mostly had hawks and the occasional stray dog, but we keep have doors on all our coops and keep them locked in at night.

5. GoldenFlight

GoldenFlight Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 25, 2015
    Minnesota
    One cockerel!!!! They are very beautiful!!![​IMG]

6. Bills vs Beaks

Bills vs Beaks Overrun With Chickens

Aug 31, 2016
    NJ USA
    I thought so too!!! [​IMG]

7. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Looks like one cockerel to me, too.

8. orrpeople

orrpeople Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2016
    Redding, CA
    I just recently started with the breed. I was looking for a review, but haven't seen much. What are your thoughts about them. So far, for me, they are just adorable balls of fluff - and one of them "yells" a lot!

9. RockingA

RockingA Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2017
    Claremore, OK
    I absolutely adore mine. I've got golds, lemons, and silvers. They're my favorites!! I also believe you've got one roo there!

orrpeople likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by