Frizzel question

Gfrau

In the Brooder
Mar 19, 2018
I have several different Bantam girls. One is a Frizzel. She seems to be the one getting pecked on the most. I used “Peck no More” tonight on her liberally..... any suggestions if there’s a better product. She is the littlest of the group and has the sweetest disposition. I know there an “order” but I still feel bad for her. Thanks for any suggestions- I am very new to this.

G’Day from down under Gfrau :frow Welcome!

I have a just over 4 year old frizzle bantam who has lived in our small flock of 5 for most of her life. She is the only frizzle and has dropped from 3rd in the pecking order to the bottom over time. She does get picked on a bit also but she seems happy enough and she has a lovely nature. I ensure LuLu gets an extra meal worm etc which she probably does not understand, but it helps me ;) Sadly, someone has to be the bottom of the pecking order and while it may upset us, I see it as 'their lot in life' and they are probably not as affected by it as we feel they are by putting human emotions into the equation.

LuLu:
25th June 2016 Z7.JPG

I do hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Hello there, We do tend to humanise poultry behaviour as we love our chickens sooo much ...if your bantam is happy in her place accept its hen nature .
I have a mixed sized flocks from large Orpington’s to lil Cochins..I always ensure there are lots of other things to peck that taste better than bantams...hanging cabbage, apple on a stick ..any kind of treat hanging or that involves doing something ...boredom is the main cause of naughty chicken behaviour ..I have branches with hooks screwed in that I hang things from and ladders to stand and be at different heights ....even a handful of dried mealworms in sawdust can keep them busy!

Back
Top Bottom