Frizzle and 2 chickens needing help with gender

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by GraceHomestead, Mar 12, 2018.

1. GraceHomestead

GraceHomestead Songster

Jun 21, 2016
    I have 3 chickens I need to know gender. I couldn't get good pictures by myself, so I took video. All the black chickens you see were given to me by my husbands friend.
    The main one is the light colored Frizzle. I am unsure how to figure out gender.
    The other 2 are black with red on necks. Just not sure what they are. All 3 are about 6-8 months old.
    Thank you,

N Sully likes this.
  2. JedJackson

JedJackson Crossing the Road

Jul 6, 2016
    NW Washington state
    Sorry, the video is just confusing to me. Maybe someone else can help but I think you might need to take pictures. Clear, with good light, showing the sides of the bodies and combs.

3. rebrascora

rebrascora Free Ranging

Feb 14, 2014
    Consett Co.Durham. UK
    My gut feeling is that the frizzle is a pullet.
    The other two, it is just not possible to tell from that video. Their dark colour in the dim lighting make it too difficult to see key features clearly enough.
    I can see at least two roosters in the coop but I don't think either of them were birds you were focussing on.

JedJackson likes this.
  4. Crazy for Chickens!

Crazy for Chickens! Free Ranging

Jun 9, 2017
    NW Missouri
    Can you please post pictures?
    Maybe you can put some corn or grain on the ground, somewhere the sun is shining, then while they are eating, you can snap some photos.

5. GraceHomestead

GraceHomestead Songster

Jun 21, 2016
    I will try again today. They are high strung unlike the ones I raised, so they are back and forth all the time. I will try though. Thanks

Crazy for Chickens! likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: