Frizzle Breed Gender Guess...please!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by volvomum, Sep 22, 2012.

1. volvomum

volvomum Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2012
    berks county PA
    We have a red four month old frizzle bantam. This week he/she has been clucking like a hen and trying to crow in the morning. I am so confused. We are first time chicken owners to 8 different breeds, so I have nothing to compare this cute one to. Any guesses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    [​IMG]

2. CGinJCMO

CGinJCMO Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2012
    Cole County Missouri
    How long has the comb been red?

Bantam roos tend to go red early, but I see that it takes girls a lot longer than my large feather girls to become red. If it's trying to crow, it seems likely to be a boy.

CG

3. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    bantam red frizzled cochin cockerel. a pullets comb wouldn't be that big and red yet. i have 2 cochins and my parents have 4 and from the 6 total the cockerels combs are large like that while the pullets are half that size.

4. volvomum

volvomum Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2012
    berks county PA
    the comb has been red for a few weeks now, his comb does seem to be a lot larger and darker than the others. i was not sure because we have 8 different breeds and their combs are all different. thanks for the help!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by