Frizzle chick and a roo

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by AmberH, May 16, 2010.

1. AmberH

AmberH Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    I have always wanted to know what breed/color this little pullet is. It's the only pic I have of her and it's from my old craptastic camera. She's pictured here with a little Sebright cockerel.

A little discription.

She was frizzled and had 5 toes. She had no crest. I got her from a guy that said that she was a "champion show frizzle." Uh huh... sure. Something dragged her out of the coop when she was about 8 weeks old. I still have some of the feathers that I found. What color do you think she was? I was thinking maybe mille fleur but there is no white at all. Some of the feathers are half black and half buff while others are sort of barred buff and black. She had dark legs and beak. Also had feather legs.
    Any idea at all?
    [​IMG]

What about this little rooster? I figured he's just a mix but any idea what of? He was definately bantan sized...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  2. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    No clue, sorry! But maybe this will bump you up near the top where someone who knows can help...

3. AmberH

Apr 21, 2010
    I'm just bumping this up in hopes of getting some replies.

Please!!

4. AmberH

Apr 21, 2010
    Another bump!

5. AmberH

Apr 21, 2010
    Bumping again.... Anyone? Just a guess? Anything but nothing...

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I need a better picture of it. It sounds like a silkie X frizzled since it has 5 toes. Your rooster looks like maybe a OEGB X NHR maybe? Very hard to tell.

7. AmberH

Apr 21, 2010
    Thank you so much. I am satisfied to have a guess. I thought no one was going to reply. [​IMG]

Both birds are no longer with us. I figured the male was a mix but thanks for the guess. We though NHR too but he was tiny. OEGB sounds goo too. [​IMG]

Thanks for the guess on the pullet too. That's the only picture I have of her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by