Frizzle chick, sneezing and breathing funny. desperate for help!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by loopy2504, May 11, 2011.

1. loopy2504

loopy2504 New Egg

May 11, 2011
    I got two polish pekin frizzles and a chamois about a month ago. The Chamois & smallest frizzle died within days of each and had become ill very suddenly. I have no idea what may have happened to the Chamois as he was fine when i went to bed yet dead when i went down to them in the morning. The frizzle that died was very weak, drooped wings, and had a crusty nose, it was also half the size of the frizzle i still have despite them being the same size when i got them?

My remaining frizzle is doing perfectly and is a very healthy chick with lots of energy, she is now approx 6-7 weeks old.

I gave it a few weeks to make sure that she was definately ok before getting some more. Now i have got 2 more 1-2week old frizzles. They are kept in a seperate cage under a heat lamp, fresh water and food daily, popped them outside for 10 mins whilst i cleaning there cage (i know they are delicate when it comes to cold weather).

Now again i have one chick that is thriving, fuill of energy and growing extremely fast, The other is not doing so well.

It was fine yesterday morning and up until dinner time, dustbathing in its food and running about with the other chick, then within an hour it became very quiet and seems like it is strugglin to breath, it is makin a wheezing sound and looks like it is sneezing or hiccupping ever few breaths. i have pippette fed it some water to try clear its throat but i am at a loss at what to do.

Please help, i do not want to loose another baby

claire

2. Lytlechick

Lytlechick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2011
    Rome
    Keep them warm, plenty of water, maybe some sav a chic vitams, and food. Keep a close eye on them and if they start getting down you may want to hold it by hand to warm it and comfort it. Just an idea. They like the warmth of your body and will nap & relax for the most part when being held.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by