Frizzle chicks just hatched...1st time Frizzle Mommy!

lilchik

Songster
10 Years
May 3, 2009
Rio, WV
My frizzles are hatching today, so far 4 out of 10 are out of the eggs. I have experience with Silkie chickens only. How soon can you tell if the chick will be frizzled or have straight feathers?

I am so egg-sited!!!! They are beautiful.

Also, how do I get the animated chicken smilies I have been seeing???

Thanks!

Congrats!
ya.gif
This is my first time having a frizzle chick too!
smile.png
When the little flight feathers start coming in, you'll notice them starting to curl up on the edges. So not long after hatching. Patience!
tongue.png

As for the smilies, if you're talking about ones like this
jumpy.gif

Then they are to the right of the text box when posting. It'll say show or hide smilies. Show them and you'll have a lot to choose from!

Thank you!
ya.gif

I am starting to get worried about the remaining 6 eggs. They haven't pipped yet.
idunno.gif
All 10 were set at the same time. I guess I could try candling them later tonight if nothing happens til then.

OMG CONGRATULATIONS!
I just received eggs for hatching.... Polish FRIZZLE. Should hatch on about the 30th. this month. I'm envious of you!.

I ordered them off e-bay. No problems, No Cracked eggs, Received them two days after winning the bid. So lets see what hatches ...lol

Last edited:
I have been looking at info on the polish frizzle cross. I am seriously thinking about ording some eggs.
jumpy.gif
You'll have to post some pictures of the chicks when they hatch.
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom