Frizzle Cochin gender

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Lisamowens, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Lisamowens

Lisamowens Out Of The Brooder

I tried posting this on a frizzle thread with no responses, so I'm going to give this thread a try.

I asked for guesses on the gender of my Cochin frizzle when it was 8 weeks old. Now 10 weeks later I'm still unsure. I thought for sure this cutie was a rooster. It's comb was bigger then my other chickens and red at 10 weeks. But it's comb hasn't gotten any bigger since then and no attempts at crowing. So, can anyone tell me the gender of this 18 week old sweetie? Also, my other pullets have started picking on my frizzle and it sleeps alone at night. It's my only bantam. Should I be worried about the cold? I live in Utah

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I'm leaning towards pullet, but frizzles can be hard to sex.

3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    X2 on that.

4. Jynuine

Jynuine Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2014
    Gaston, OR
    My white frizzles were sort of easier because there were two and one developed more of a comb and waddle and the other's stayed pale. The frizzle in my picture is a roo.

5. K Spot

K Spot Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2013
    SE Qld, Australia
    I say pullet

6. Lisamowens

He is awesome!

7. Lisamowens

Thanks everyone! I will be looking forward to those little eggs! Any thoughts on her sleeping alone and getting picked on by the other chickens? I'm not worried right now as the temps have been above 30. Although, it usually drops into the teens in January and February and occasionally single digits. That is what I'm most worried about!

8. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Pullet

9. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Looks like a pullet to me. Very cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by