Frizzle cochin Roo Breeding Question...

Hobbley_Farm

Songster
11 Years
Sep 9, 2008
Pilot Mountain, NC
I was lucky enough to find a free Frizzle Cochin roo yesterday. They said he was only a standard but I don't know. I have to email the couple who I got him from and ask again. I thought they said he was 9 mos...he's not very big for nine months.

Here is my question...
in order to make frizzle chicks, do i have to find a female frizzle or can I breed him with a regular (non frizz) hen to produce the frizzle feathers. I know that not ALL of them will turn out frizzled...but I just don't know if both parents have to be frizzles.

I was told he is show quality and was bought at a show. To be honest I couldn't tell you what's show quality or not show quality...I just see a chicken and decide if I think it looks nice or not. I have 0 experience with frizzles. But he is pretty
smile.png

Quote:
You don't want to breed frizzle to frizzle, you will get very sparse brittle feathers. You want a nice fluffy butt to breed to your frizzle roo. you will get a percentage of frizzle and smoothe.

Of course we need pictures LOL !
tongue.png

oh fantastic! My neighbor really wants frizzles. She traded for my three WCpolish. Could we breed this frizzle to a polish to get some frizzled polish? Or will she need to find a banty cochin?

I really don't think he is a standard size cochin. If he is 9 months and still pretty small he is a bantam. I could not find a standard size frizzle when I went looking. I ended up ordering 30 frizzle cochins from Ideal. Some are so pretty and frizzled some almost curly.

I am going to have to find a great quality bantam to breed with my frizzles.

Oh, yeah, where are the pictures? lol:

the pictures??? Well...I suck, that's where the pictures are. My camera is complicated as far as getting the pictures to my pc. And my phone is just as much a pain. I am doing so much stuff over the pc I really need to get a decent EASY digital camera...But I'm affraid I'll get the wrong one. I thought the camera that we got was meant to do all this stuff and I can't get it to do diddly sqat. My phone is alright as long as everyone is STILL. I have all sorts of things I want to take pictures of to upload...just cant right now.

I had one of those old digital cameras that I just loved! Took the diskette? You just popped the diskette in the pc and in 2 seconds you had your photos. It just quit one day. I HATE to have to get all the cords, pull up the programs, wait for them to load...blah blah blah. I just want to snap my fingers and have the pics on the pc. Like the good ole days lol 8 years ago...lol

Back
Top Bottom