Frizzle-cross chicks? What sex?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sandh72, May 7, 2011.

1. sandh72

sandh72 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2010
    We bought 6 frizzle-cross eggs to incubate, with 2 hatching. Pics of them at 2 days old and then at 4 weeks. Can anyone help with what they may be crossed with and also their sex? One is definitely more frizzle-y than the other, does that mean anything? Obviously we would love for them both to be girlies!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Aren't they cute, we are so pleased with them.

Cheers everyone [​IMG]

2. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    Frizzle is a gene, not a breed, so they could be anything. They do look to have some cochin in them, with the feathered legs and straight combs. As for what else could be there, I don't know. And, it looks like you have a pair. The larger one looks to be a roo.

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  3. bantamsrmyfav

bantamsrmyfav Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    US & Canada
    Pretty chickies, their heads look like hens but their feathering is rooish, so I don't know their gender at this point. It looks like one will be smooth feathered.

4. speakup4kids

speakup4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Yuba City , CA
    Looks like you have a nice sizzle pair there to me. Sizzles are a cross between a Frizzled cochin and a silkie. They are absolutely gorgeous.

5. a.felix

a.felix Out Of The Brooder

Aug 3, 2009
    Looks like it'll be a roo on the left and a pullet on the right, both from the combs and the way they hold themselves. However, that's definitely not definitive

6. dsowens15

dsowens15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Winchester, TN
    As mentioned by acid_chipmunk one shows the frizzled gene and one doesn't. The frizzled one looks to be the rooster. They aren't sizzles or they would probaly have 5 toes dark skin and a little crest.

Last edited: May 10, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by