Frizzle EEs or Ameraucana...who has them?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by shelleyb1969, Jul 8, 2010.

1. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

I know of one BYC member (Miss D'Uccle) who has frizzle EEs. Does anyone else have them? [​IMG] I'm seriously looking for some hatching eggs or live birds if within driving distance.

2. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I'm making some- but they are banties. (banty frizzle cochin x banty araucana hens) I got some eggs on ebay last year for "frizzle ameraucana" (I knew they were EE). The only one that hatched is smooth. [​IMG] .

3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
  4. shelleyb1969

Quote:Thanks! I've got 2 sets of eggs from her recently, but didn't know she has these too! [​IMG]

5. Hi! I've got them here. They are blue/splash and half will hatch with Naked Necks.
    The 4 eggs marked 'NF' are from the Frizzled Naked Neck Green-egger pen.
    [​IMG]

I've got another pen of black Ameraucana girls with a splash Frizzled Naked Neck green-egger rooster (the next generation from the FNNGE pen).

They are fun birds!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

6. shelleyb1969

Do you have any that aren't NN, Dipsy? I still haven't gotten used to the naked necks. [​IMG]

7. Hi! I've got this feather neck splash frizzle green-egger guy (hatched from the FNNGE pen) that I've never got around to breeding because of the leaky gold in his hackles.

[​IMG]

Wouldn't be any trouble to put him with a group of Ameraucana girls for a while and see what pops out.
    Any preference to all blues (if I put him w/ black girls) or blue and splash (if I put him w/ blue girls)?

I understand 'not getting used to' Naked Necks.
    They are an aquired taste. These also hatched from the FNNGE pen:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Lisa

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  8. shelleyb1969

Quote:I like that roo, Lisa! If you can pen him with some blue Ameraucana girls (to get blue and splash chicks), I'd love to get some eggs from you. Just pm me your price and I'll even pay you now if you like.

Thanks so much! I think that roo will produce some very pretty babies. [​IMG]

9. shelleyb1969

Quote:ILOVEFRIZZLES won't have any more for a while. [​IMG]

10. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:ILOVEFRIZZLES won't have any more for a while. [​IMG]

Oh no! What happened?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by