Frizzle I'm thinking of buying

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Seaecho, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Seaecho

Seaecho Songster

Oct 12, 2017
    High Desert, S. CA.
    Does this look like a bantam cochin frizzle to you? I'm considering buying her. She is a 2 month old pullet. I got ripped off on my first two chickens, and I want to be sure of what I'm getting. Cochin bamtam frizzle.jpg

drumstick diva likes this.
  2. Crazy for Chickens!

Crazy for Chickens! Free Ranging

Jun 9, 2017
    NW Missouri
    It's a cross, or something. Cochins don't have crests. It's most likely a polish/Cochin, or something.

ViolinPlayer123 likes this.
  3. Seaecho

Seaecho Songster

Oct 12, 2017
    High Desert, S. CA.
    I thought so! That crest hanging down. They say it's a pullet. How would they know for sure at this age? I was hoping it was crossed with Polish

4. Eckielady

Eckielady Songster

Feb 12, 2017
    East Tennessee
    Definitely a cross and definitely a hen. I have one that is identical except a splash color. Most spastic chicken EVER but one heck of a mama so far.

5. Seaecho

Seaecho Songster

Oct 12, 2017
    High Desert, S. CA.
    Oh, I don't want spastic! I wanted a friendly, calm bird. I wonder if it's just your chicken's temperament, or if this one would be the same way. What color would you call this one?

6. Eckielady

Eckielady Songster

Feb 12, 2017
    East Tennessee
    Gold laced? I'm not great with that but I will say that mine would NEVER let me hold it like that. I can already tell you that one is way calmer than mine. I think mines just a freak. She'll lose feathers fighting to get away from me.

7. Seaecho

Seaecho Songster

Oct 12, 2017
    High Desert, S. CA.
    I thought it might be gold lace, and I've always wanted a gold lace. That's too bad yours freaks out like that. Can I see a pic of her?

8. Eckielady

Eckielady Songster

Feb 12, 2017
    East Tennessee
    This is the best picture I can find. I can try to take another one tomorrow. She's never even been in my top 10 of "favorites" but she's impressing me with her mothering skills. We'll see.
    IMG_5182.JPG you

9. Seaecho

Seaecho Songster

Oct 12, 2017
    High Desert, S. CA.
    Wow! She's beautiful! And her crest hangs down in the same way the pullet I'm getting does.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: