1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

frizzle just threw up...crop still a bit swollen...what do I do???

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ckw1205, Nov 5, 2010.

1. ckw1205

ckw1205 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2010
    My frizzle just threw a large amount of goop up...her crop is still swollen a bit...as AndreaS suggested, I did take up the food for a few hours and they are drinking...the water has ACV in it, and I am hoping that is why she has started to sneeze again and have the clear "snotty" discharge...I picked her up to look at her when I heard her sneezing a lot and the stuff came out of her beak...took her and held her over the commode and pushed on her crop a bit and it rolled out...poor baby...what in the world do I do now? It was very odorous, just smelled like feed and the egg she had eaten.

2. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Chickens cannot throw up, so if there is stuff coming out her beak from her crop... I dont know, never had that happen [​IMG]

3. WiscoChiko

WiscoChiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2010
    Portage county WI
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  4. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Quote:They dont throw up like people do, its more their crop over-flowing

5. ckw1205

ckw1205 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2010
    okay, well I guess she "overflowed"...I held her over the commode and the way I was holding her was pushing on it a bit as it was so large...she is better now, but she has been sick for a bit anyways...lost one last night of the sick three...these two seem worse now, but I had started giving ACV to loosen the mucous up...they are both sneezing and "wet" sounding now. Any suggestions for that? Also, where in the world are you guys getting organic ACV, and have u guys used vetrx?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by