Frizzle or Frazzle

RGP94

Hatching
May 21, 2020
I bought this gorgeous little 'frizzle' as a 1 week old. She is nearing on 6 weeks now and I have noticed some of her larger feathers have fallen off in the pen. Furthermore she is growing at a much slower rate to my 2 similar aged non frizzled bantams and does not seem to handle even slightly cooler temperatures like the others. She still spends all but 3 or 4 hours a day, in the brooder as a result.

I am wondering whether my little frizzle may well be a frazzle and would be very interested in others thoughts?

Attachments

• bantam.pdf
    916.6 KB · Views: 29
  • bantam1.pdf
    691.1 KB · Views: 9
I've only ever had one Frizzle so hopefully someone who has more experience will be along soon, but it looks just frizzle to me. I think Frazzles have less feathers overall and their wing feathers often seem to be without barbs (the fluffy part, they just have the central stalk/quill/rachis), but perhaps that happens later.

I've only ever had one Frizzle so hopefully someone who has more experience will be along soon, but it looks just frizzle to me. I think Frazzles have less feathers overall and their wing feathers often seem to be without barbs (the fluffy part, they just have the central stalk/quill/rachis), but perhaps that happens later.

Ahh that is a relief to hear! Wing feathers are definitely properly developed in this little one. Thank you for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom