Frizzle - roo or hen?

NellaBean

Graceland Farms
10 Years
Mar 4, 2009
Broodyland, TN
My Coop
My Coop
I feel ridiculous even having to ask this but I am a bit baffled.

I thought I had a frizzle hen. But gosh "her" comb and wattles and earlobes seem awfully big.

"she" is not laying. Or crowing or clucking to the girls or anything.

I have another frizzle the same age who has less comb. However, this white frizzle looked like a pullet with nearly no comb/wattles for a good couple months.

"She" is now about 5 months old i think.

24277_1014001948a.jpg

24277_1014001949a.jpg

All others the same age are obvious boys or girls. Not too terribly familiar with frizzles.....regular cochins are sure a lot easier to sex.

I have a black frizzle cochin hen that has big comb and wattles. I would say that you have a hen. My gal goes broody ALOT. She just love being a momma. Also she is one of the smallest in the yard and she is the boss. Your bird of very pretty. Wish I could have one like that!!

Maybe if I had ever had a frizzle rooster it would be more obvious. But I havent! I will keep my fingers crossed that she is indeed a hen. She sure doesn't act like a rooster. Even my 'bottom of the totem pole' roosters have SOME behaviors that give it away. She does none of them and seems to enjoy living with "the girls".

thanks!

That is for sure a Pullet. If it were a Cockerel the feathering would be alot different. If you look in my avatar there is a White Frizzle Cockerel about 10 months old. That might help you out a little.

~Casey

Back
Top Bottom