Frizzle & Silkie... Are they my Roo's?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kriterrz, Jul 26, 2016.

1. kriterrz

kriterrz New Egg

Jul 26, 2016
    I have a 14 week old Miss Frizz (frizzle) and a 14 week old Gertie (Silkie). I thought our silkie was a boy and the frizzle a girl since she didn't go more red in the colouring up until 2 weeks ago and it isn't a bright red yet, then we noticed our frizzle keeps mounting our silkie and pecks on ALL the chickens. Do you think miss frizz is a mr frizz? Is it normal for roo's to peck on all the chickens, even hens?? I think Frizz and Gertie are now both boys and the mounting is a dominance thing, my husband thinks Gertie is a girl and Frizz a boy.. whats your take?
    [​IMG]
    Frizz in question and Banana (cochrin bantam a definite hen)
    [​IMG]
    Gertie (Silkie) and Frizz (Frizzle)

2. EthansChickens3

EthansChickens3 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2016
    Berlin, Deutschland
    My Coop
    Will I got a new rooster and he tryed to mount are other rooster I think its trying to be main or to communicate in a different way.

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    The Silkie looks like a cockerel. Unless the Frizzle's comb gets larger, it looks like a pullet so far. The other is a pullet.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Pictures are not clear enough for me and too much wire in the way. All I can determine is your silkie has wrong color comb. And your Corgi pup is gorgeous

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by