Frizzle with bloody rear

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by sinistershelly, Oct 25, 2011.

1. sinistershelly

sinistershelly Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2011
    My lil frizzle I noticed today has a bloody rear end. I noticed for the past week it has been slowly losing its feathers on its butt and now today its (anus?) is kind of bulged out and bloody looking. She is also shaking really badly and crying a lot. What do i do?

2. sinistershelly

Jul 17, 2011
    [​IMG]

3. sinistershelly

Jul 17, 2011
    Anyone? Plz!!!! I was able to inspect a lil closer, I noticed also a clear and whiteish fluid is just seeping and dripping out uncontrollably, any ideas? Should I keep it separate from the others? What is going on with it?

4. Cherstin

Cherstin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    North Port, FL
    I don't have any idea what it could be, just wanted to give you another bump up the thread so maybe someone can help! Good luck ... have you any idea of age? You said "it," do you not know the sex yet? Just things people might want to know. Fingers crossed for you!

5. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Is that blood coming out or is the vent prolapsed?

6. sinistershelly

Jul 17, 2011
    Not sure of sex or age. Age I would guess 3 maybe 4 weeks old. I just gave it a bath so I could clean up the rear, most of it was blood and a pastey white substance and can see better. it looks almost like the rear end is flipped inside out but is still leaking clear and white pretty badly with a small amount of blood. I tried to give it a lil droplet of veggy oil in case of gas, like I read. I also gave it about a teaspoon of vinegar in its water.

7. sinistershelly

Jul 17, 2011
    Here is a not so good picture after the bath. You can see less red, still bulging and a lot of gooy white stuff.

[​IMG]

8. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Hmmm, at that young of an age, it wouldn't be laying so probably not a prolapsed vent. Are you feeding medicated chick starter? Bloody poo can mean coccidiosis, but i'm thinking that isn't it. Why would it be losing feathers on it's bottom? How many other chicks are in with it, and how much room? Could they be pecking at her bottom? You probably want to isolate her. Can you get her to a vet?

9. sinistershelly

Jul 17, 2011
    she was in an XL dog crate with 3 other lil silkies. The others have been put outside for the day and I put this one in its own medium sized crate. They are all on medicated food atm. I never saw anyone pick on her. They all did just finish a 2 week does of antibiotic because a couple were sick with a cold of some sort. I got them from a lady who was deff over breeding and had them in bad conditions. One died the day after I brought it home. They all seem'd to do great after the meds and about a week later I noticed this. This is the only one acting diff and with this issue. My nearest vet is an hour away and sadly not sure id have the money for the bills right now. I just got my son back from the doctors from being sick and still need to pay that bill [​IMG] Bad time for everyone to be sick at once

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by