frizzle x what to get good frizzle chicks ?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Lisa0318, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Lisa0318

Lisa0318 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    Phoenix AZ
    hi, i am wanting to breed my blue frizzle rooster with a hen but not sure if its ok to do it with a black frizzle hen or a smoth cochine hen. Any advice on how i can get some nice frizzles babys ?

2. silkielover5

silkielover5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2011
    Hudson WI
    always breed frizzle to a smooth feathered bird otherwise you will only get smooth feathered offspring. also if you care about color..blue/blue=25%splash, 25%black, 50%blue....blue/black=50%blue, 50%black

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Always breed a Frizzle x non-Frizzle, otherwise you may end up with frizzled offspring that have frail, delicate feathers that may break off and go bald.

The color or breed of chicken doesn't really matter if all you want is a frizzled one. [​IMG]

4. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    I agree always frizzle to non frizzle and the breed can be anything. I tend to get about 50% frizzle and the same not frizzled out of any hatch.

5. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I have never bred Frizzle to anything but smooth or a Silkie and would not want to mess a possibly wonderful bird by doing so. It is best to stay within the guidelines for breeding these birds or you could have a mess.
    Play around with colors to get some cute chicks and Frizzles and then maybe put some of the smooth feathered offspring back to a Frizzle or the dad.
    You will certainly fall in love with all of them!

6. Lisa0318

Lisa0318 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    Phoenix AZ
    Well thanx all of you for that info now i know what to do to get good chicks [​IMG]

i was not sure how to put them together to get good results and not bad but now i got it all down thank you all...

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by