Frizzle ?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Debbiesflocks, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Debbiesflocks

Debbiesflocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    Washington
    I have 8 Frizzle cross chicks 4 turned out frizzle and the others are regular feathered. Will the smooth feathered chick still carry the frizzle gene. so lets say one of the pullets is smooth feathered and i breed her to my little smooth feathered rooster do i have any chance of getting frizzle chicks out of them.

Thank you

2. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Doubtful

3. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    very very very very small chance... close to 0%....

4. Debbiesflocks

Jul 20, 2011
    Washington
    Thank you. I will try to find homes for the smooth feathered chicks.

5. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    Quote:smooth to smooth will not get you frizzle but by keeping them, you can breed them with your frizzles. you know you shouldn't breed frizzle to frizzle or you could get chicks where the feathers fall out so breed frizzled to normal is best.

6. Debbiesflocks

Jul 20, 2011
    Washington
    These are chicks i hatched from my only 2 frizzle hens. Before these chicks hatched a skunk got both my frizzle hens in one night he took one with him and left the other hen dead in the pen. I killed the skunk 2 nights later when he came back looking for another meal. I already have smooth feathered roosters I will breed with the frizzle pullets when they come of age. I will only keep the frizzled pullets don't have room for more pens or i should say i don't want to build another pen for smooth feathered pullets with frizzled roo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by