Frizzled Brahams anyone?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by BeardedLadyFarm, Nov 16, 2010.

1. BeardedLadyFarm

BeardedLadyFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Cobleskill NY
    I've just returned from a few days in Paris, and I stumbled on this amazing old taxidermy shop. They had all sorts of amazing animals, including a nice selection of chickens. They had an old Frizzled Brahama as well. Do these still exist? Do we have them in the US? I suppose it wouldn't be terribly hard to "make" them with a frizzled cochin. Maybe I need yet anther project....

Here he is
    [​IMG]

and here's the shop
    http://www.deyrolle.com/magazine/

2. Hi! A stuffed chicken? How cool.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

3. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    He looks like he is wearing an ill-fitting toupe! I think I'll stick with the regular brahmas. Thanks for sharing though!

4. BeardedLadyFarm

May 31, 2009
    Cobleskill NY
    Maybe this is what I will do with my excess roosters! I have a taxidermist friend back in the US who tells me chickens are quite easy to mount. Here's one more pic. You can see the back of the Brahma behind the others.

[​IMG]

5. BeardedLadyFarm

May 31, 2009
    Cobleskill NY
    Quote:Ha ha. His hair was quite messy. I'm not sure how old he was. He cost almost 2,000 Euro, so I'm assuming it was quite an antique. (I really wanted the Polar Bear, but I didn't have 45,000 Euro extra with me)

6. blaundee

blaundee Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2009
    [​IMG] Interesting! Thanks for sharing!

7. V Comb

V Comb Chillin' With My Peeps

If he was alive... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by