frizzled buff bantam cochins?

steve2495

Songster
10 Years
May 17, 2009
Lake Forest Illinois
i have nvr seen any and since i was thinking about starting gold barring i would love to include frizzle! does anyone have these? do they exist?
hu.gif
thanks just thought that they would look rly cool and would love some

Last edited:
I have a buff Frizzle Cochin pullet. She's absolutely gorgeous!! She's a lot bigger now, but you can get the idea in this pic:

15626_101_1511.jpg

I was thinking about starting some barring in my buffs too, but the only other one I have is the mama of that one and now she's broody! Let me know if you start a project...I'd love to help.

thank u! she seem a little darker then most buffs i used to have a buff hen and she was basically yellow. are frizzles sometimes darker or does it just depend on the line

I really don't know why she's so dark. Her mother is a very light yellow colored buff. Her dad is a black/gold frizzle, so maybe that's where she gets the darker gene? Not really sure. My buff hen is broody right now and isn't laying, but once she gets back to it and once this little one starts to lay I'd be happy to send you some eggs.

the darker buff chicken had black in the genetics that is why it was darker buff

YOU CAN MAKE BUFF FRIZZLES IF YOU HAVE A BUFF FEMALE AND A RED MALE frizzle

the offspring is a muckle dunn color
and use the buff female to bring a typy muckledunn colored male frizzle back on

do not use the red frizzle again
but if you do then just use the muckle dunn offspring to make a good buff frizzle

you have to stay with mating the muckle dun colored frizzles or smooths in that first mating

by mating the frizzle offspring back on the smooths it depens the frizzle genes in F-1 offspring

then as you get more offspring you will breed to the more buff colored birds

starting with more females in the beginning will give more lines
at least three females
besure and gently pull the 3 inches of feathers from the females and males around the vent area
it makes for better couplation and fertility

any questions email me

Back
Top Bottom