1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

frizzled cochins--Pics Please

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by k625, Mar 29, 2009.

1. k625

k625 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2007
    Florida
    I just wanted to know when does the first frizzling start if they are going to frizzle? I picked up 2 frizzled cochins from the feed store, and they prob. arent quite a week old yet. The feathers on all of them at the store including mine seem to be straight right now, but I know they dont frizzle right away....I think maybe some where between 2-3 weeks? If anyone knows better please let me know.

Also can I see pics of the chicks, as well as adult frizzled cochins please [​IMG] Thanks so much!

2. encorepistol

encorepistol Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    MO
    Just bought a pair today, blue hen and black rooster, but not in great shape with feathers worn pretty bad. I'd post a pic but they look terrible. I'm adding them to my blues that i have already to introduce the frizzle gene and see what comes out. Not sure when they start to show the frizzle for sure. Just looked at feathersite and they have pics that show frizzling starting early as 10 days.

3. k625

k625 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2007
    Florida
    Glad they are in good hands now [​IMG] Poor things! I think mine are less then a week old. I didnt really ask at the feedstore..oops! The little feathers that they have now on the ends of their wings are straight, but I know on my firzzled polish they were thay way too, until about 2 weeks old. We will see...if not I will see if the feed store will trade me for ones that are frizzled lol

4. kellykate

kellykate Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Yarmouth, Maine
    My Frizzle is a week old and I can definitely see the feathers starting to "frizzle". They are curling on the tips -- quite cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by