Frizzled cochins.

chickens112

Songster
11 Years
Aug 10, 2008
Cuero Tx
I have two frizzled cochins a rooster and a hen. I was wondering if all of yall could share your pictures of your frizzles so i could compare. Thanks Also I wish i could post mine but I dont have the right files to work with the website. thanks again

This is the only pic I have of mine. You do know not to breed 2 frizzled birds together, right?

15626_dscn0735.jpg

here is a pic of my girl when she was little, don't have any recent pics right now
sad.png

11313_dscf1145.jpg

and kelly is right, you shouldn't breed a frizzle x frizzle, you will end up with a bird that might have brittle feathers and end up bald
hmm.png

you shouldn't breed a frizzle x frizzle, you will end up with a bird that might have brittle feathers and end up bald
hmm.png

Hi! This is my favorite Frizz Cochin hen, Chaps:
293129564.jpg

Yes, please don't breed Frizz x Frizz.
The chicks that get a double dose of the F gene can be pathetic. I'd have too look up old pics to show you how bad they can look (hatchery chicks I got in '05) --- but in addition to looking bad, they have internal issues (from an increased metabolism?).

smile.png

Lisa

Chaps is a real beauty. Good to know about the frizz X frizz stuff. I have eggs in the bator now, guess I won't keep a roo.

But if they have stright feathers is that ok or you don't want to breed that either?

I was also wondering if it is still possible to get a straight feathered cochin out of a frizz roo and hen. If so could you breed it to a frizzle again?

Do NOT breed a frizzled roo to a frizzled hen! You will get 25% chicks that have feathering problems, are bald, have metaolic problems, and can die.

Back
Top Bottom