Frizzled EE (including sexlinks) and OE in Northern NJ

Discussion in 'Chicks 1 Day to 8 Weeks Old' started by kahlua, Feb 25, 2016.

1. kahlua

kahlua Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2011
    NJ
    I will have lots of chicks available this season! My first hatch will be March 4th. I will update the post periodically with updates. [​IMG] I have a blue Frizzled EE rooster over hens of various breeds. Chicks will hatch out of a blue/green or brown egg, but will lay blue/green eggs. I do separate by egg color at hatch, so if you're looking for anything specific, I can tell what color egg each chick hatched from. Chicks hatched from blue or green eggs will be straight run (unsexed) and will be $5 each. Chicks hatched from brown eggs will be sexlinked - I will be able to identify the males and females at hatch. Females will be $7.50 each. Availability will be very limited, but I will be adding more hens to my flock next week, so I should be able to offer more sexlinked chicks. Approximately 50% of these chicks will be frizzled. Frizzles can't be identified at hatch, but I can usually tell by 1-2 weeks of age. At that point the price for frizzles will increase to $12 for straight run frizzles. I will also have some Olive Eggers, these are extremely limited. Smooth chicks will be sold at 1-2 weeks of age, they are $10 each (straight run). Frizzles will be staying here :) Shipping is available; depending on zip code, this usually runs between $35-60. This includes USPS Express shipping, a shipping box and bedding, gro-gel, and heat packs if needed. My hens include: EE's Wheaten/BW Ameraucanas (purebred) Marans (one black, one white) Olive Eggers (2 pullets - their info is below, both are F2) White hen: 1/4 Cream Legbar, 1/4 Leghorn, 1/2 Wheaten Marans Lavender hen: 3/4 Marans, 1/4 Ameraucana (lays a nice green egg) Barred rocks Barred Cochins Here are some photos... Barred cochin pullet - hatchery stock but I chose this breed because they are super sweet, calm birds and I thought it would be a fun cross. They aren't known for being the most prolific layers, but should be pretty obvious at hatch (with their feathered legs) if you aren't a fan. [​IMG] Barred rock hens [​IMG] One of my EE hens - this girl is super friendly and mellow. She is 1/2 wheaten ameraucana, 1/2 EE [​IMG] Wheaten Ameraucana (I also have a blue wheaten am) [​IMG] EE #2 [​IMG] White Marans [​IMG] My chickens free range much of the day [​IMG] Black Marans (doesn't have feathered legs but lays nice, dark eggs) [​IMG] Lavender EE (she does have a beard - it is growing back). She is 1/4 Ameraucana, 3/4 Marans - technically an F2 OE. She lays a pretty green egg that I wouldn't quite call olive. [​IMG] White hen - she is 1/4 Cream Legbar, 1/4 White Leghorn, 1/2 Wheaten Marans. She lays a brown speckled egg. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. Serenity Lane

Serenity Lane Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2013
    New York
    What town in northern NJ

3. kahlua

Nov 9, 2011
    NJ
    I'm in the Hope/Blairstown area.

4. Serenity Lane

Serenity Lane Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2013
    New York
    Almost 100 miles.. I was hoping you were a bit more eastern. Thanks anyway.

5. kahlua

Nov 9, 2011
    NJ
    Here are some photos of my first batch of chicks from this group! Some of these will likely be available. I also have another batch set to hatch on 3/18.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. selenefarms

selenefarms New Egg

Jul 8, 2015
    Do you plan to have any older, coop ready hens available for sale?

7. kahlua

Nov 9, 2011
    NJ

Not at this time. I may have older chicks available later in the season - I usually keep a bunch of chicks for myself and sell any extras when they get a little older, but those will be very limited. If you are interested please let me know and I'll add your name to the list.

8. selenefarms

selenefarms New Egg

Jul 8, 2015
    Yes, please add me to your list!

9. Hay Belly

Hay Belly Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    Quote: I love these two hens! If you get any females like them I'd be very interested. Don't mind waiting to ensure they're female, I'm limited in how many chickens I can have.

10. kahlua

Nov 9, 2011
    NJ

I should definitely have some that look like Blue (and some will be her chicks). I'll have to see if I get any wheaten-type chicks - there are 3 hens in the pen but it depends on what color genes my rooster carries. In the first hatch the yellow chick is a maybe - I'll have to see how it feathers out. I will add you to the list for older pullets that look like those girls :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by