Frizzled Polish Tolbunt cockerel in SF Bay Area needs a new home

lesliedow

Songster
10 Years
Aug 13, 2012
Rock Island County, Illinois
My sweet and slightly goofy 6 month old Frizzled Polish Tolbunt cockerel, Rick O'Chicken, has found his lungs. We'd hoped he would have permanently lost them but no, there they are. In the interest of neighborhood peace, I'm going to re-home him. I don't have a recent pic of him but here he is in June. He's more feathered now with a top knot that mostly covers his eyes.

I'm willing to meet someone within reasonable distance. I'm in La Honda on the SF Peninsula. I will not ship him, locals only.

thanks
Leslie

Last edited:
i ordered 3 tolbunt from a breeder only 2 made it here because the p.o. lost them and the others look nothing like this. yours is beautiful!

Here are a couple more pics of him from this am. he's so camera shy! And its not like his face is easy to make out!
he is a nut and nearly impossible to get on film!

Here's an action shot...he shaking his head. LOL

and one of him trotting away...

If any of you can figure out a safe way to ship him, I'm open. I would just hate to see him die in transit.
8(
Leslie

you have to overnight through the post office. a chicken box and grow gel it has their food and water in it to last a couple days i would love to pay shipping on him. i wonder if there are any breeders close to you that could do it for you or at least help you out? i would take the chicken out of the city but could i take the city out of the chicken? hahah

you have to overnight through the post office. a chicken box and grow gel it has their food and water in it to last a couple days i would love to pay shipping on him. i wonder if there are any breeders close to you that could do it for you or at least help you out? i would take the chicken out of the city but could i take the city out of the chicken? hahah

So somethig like this.. a live bird shipper?

http://www.hm-e.net/p1single_lite.htm

And you have had good luck shipping full grown birds? I'm willing to try but Rick'O is is sweet guy and I'd hate to see him hurt.
8)
leslie

yes a box like that but i dont think you have to buy one as long as its heavy duty with something absorbent in the bottom air holes and states live animal on it. i have not shipped birds before but i guess people do all the time and i would think a full grown bird would stay warmer and more hardy then the chicks as long as it does have a source of water and feed . i too would not want something to happen to him so a little more research or help from a shipper would be nice. and, omg, that head and hairdo is awsome. i love the color. that is what i was supposed to get but didnt

OK. I am pretty friendly with our postmaster here in La Honda. I have to go into to town today anyway. Let me ask her what she suggests. We're pretty rural here and I bet she has some idea of what works. I've also a local breeder I got some Campines from last year. I'll shoot her an email and see if she has some suggestions.
We might be able to make this work!
Leslie

Back
Top Bottom