Frizzles...

V-NH

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 24, 2013
New Hampshire
Hello everyone!

I bought a pair of frizzles at a chicken swap last weekend. One male, one female, both black. The male frizzle has begun to change color. Some of his black feathers are turning emerald green. I didn't even know that chickens could have green feathers! I will post pictures when I am back from vacation. By that time, maybe even more of him will be green!

If I breed these frizzles, is it likely that their color scheme and feather patterns will be passed on? What do frizzle eggs look like? I want to make sure I can differentiate them from other eggs.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

I bought a pair of frizzles at a chicken swap last weekend. One male, one female, both black. The male frizzle has begun to change color. Some of his black feathers are turning emerald green. I didn't even know that chickens could have green feathers! I will post pictures when I am back from vacation. By that time, maybe even more of him will be green!

If I breed these frizzles, is it likely that their color scheme and feather patterns will be passed on? What do frizzle eggs look like? I want to make sure I can differentiate them from other eggs.
Dont breed those two together. I have read on numerous threads on this site that cross results in nasty brittle unsightly feathers. The good thing is you have two lines that you can breed so double the number of frizzle babies!

Back
Top Bottom