from 0 to bummed out in 10 seconds

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by AHappychick, Oct 15, 2009.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    I was so excited. Once a year I go out to sea and fish for 3 days straight. (tuna, Tile, Cod, an sword. It is the only time a year since my DH passed that I have to myself and really helps ground me and recharge me each year for the ton of bs I deal with on a regular basis.

Well now Mother Nature is laughing at me too since there will be Gale winds of upwards to 50 miles and hour.

I cant tell you how hard it is to plan this trip and have ds watched while I am gone. and now it cancelled and honestly even though I am going to try I dont think I am going to get to go later in the month. I literally just spent 3 days getting all the chickens ready to be able to be cared for by others.

I really needed this [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Aww! I am sorry [​IMG]

3. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    [​IMG] [​IMG] I hope it all works out for you. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

Just remember when God closes a door he opens a window. There is a reason God did not want you to go on that trip. Look around and see why! I am sorry you don't get to go but God has something bigger and better for you to see! [​IMG]

5. Luvin Life

Luvin Life Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    Brownsburg, Indiana
    Since you have everything arranged to be taken care of for those 3 days, anything else you've been wanting to experience? I know it wouldn't be the same, but take advantage of this time for yourself. It sounds like you need it, like the rest of do. [​IMG]

6. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Got bigger problems then that personally in my opinion, as a fisher you may want to be writing letters about the ban they are trying to issue.

7. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Quote:I wish I could believe that but I have yet to see anything good come out of all that God has dealt me. I try to roll with the punches but if there was anything I really needed right now it was this trip. I realize I am one person and God could care less about my plight but I honestly feel as though I am some sick joke to see how much heartacke one person can take.

As for going somewhere else there is no place to go and no money to do it with. I could probably get my fishing trip money back but even then what would i do? It is one thing to get on a boat alone when you will be working and not have time to socialize, besides I feel closer to AJ out there, but anything else done alone would just be depressing.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  8. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

Quote:I wish I could believe that but I have yet to see anything good come out of all that God has dealt me. I try to roll with the punches but if there was anything I really needed right now it was this trip. I realize I am one person and God could care less about my plight but I honestly feel as though I am some sick joke to see how much heartacke one person can take.

As for going somewhere else there is no place to go and no money to do it with. I could probably get my fishing trip money back but even then what would i do? It is one thing to get on a boat alone when you will be working and not have time to socialize, besides I feel closer to AJ out there, but anything else done alone would just be depressing.

I know. I could not fathom going through what you have described here. Losing DH would be awful. I don't know what else has happened but I do know this.....someone told me this just the other day.

When God closes a door he opens another window but we get hung up on waiting for the door to open back up we forget to look out the window. I myself have gotten hung up in that. Just step back take a deep breath knowing there is nothing you can do to change that situation and then sock that money away for another time. the windows dont immediately open up but they will. I thought it was the end of the world when my dad passed. To me it was. However, things that transpired made me closer with my sister and brothers and mostly with my mom.

You have memories of AJ that NO ONE can take away from you. People can take everything you have acquired and leave you with nothing but NO ONE can take away your memories! God just gives you the chance to enhance those memories with your son! Take your son to the Zoo or something else that your son loves to do. I don't know how old he is but experience life with him doing things your DH would have wanted to do with him. He is with you always, even if not in person.

I don't know if it helps but later on you might think of this and say hmmmm. I hope so and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] to you!

edited to add a thought:
    Maybe it is time to rethink the BS you deal with on a daily basis. Start fresh with a new job!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by