From 7 down to 1. But what about the 1?

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by nursesammy, Jul 12, 2010.

1. nursesammy

nursesammy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2010
    Alta Vista , KS
    About a month ago i bought 7 day old keets. They were doing great! Well a week ago a group of feral cats broke into the brooder and ate all but one. The one is fine but now lonely and i cant find any keets his age. I Dont know what to do for him?

2. robin416

robin416 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    You can get day olds. They don't have to be exactly the same age. The older one if not a female will probably end up being the leader of the flock.

3. woolychicken

woolychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2009
    mesick michigan
    ideal poultry has some for sale. i also have been looking for some and found these. hope this will help good luck
    wooly

4. nursesammy

Mar 21, 2010
    Alta Vista , KS
    I do have 3 adults outside. Would my one little guinea be ok alone until he was old enough to join the other 3?

5. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Quote:Well...yes and no. Can you get him a chick friend or 2? He'll be lonely on his own. The chicks won't know he's not a chick and they'll accept him.

When he's old enough to free range he may try to join the adults (around 8 weeks, sooner in warmer climates) He probably won't be accepted till he's full grown. I have some 4 months old that still aren't accepted in the pack. We call them 'the groupies' cause they follow my roo around like he's a rock star lol I've noticed they want to hang with the adult guineas, but they're not accepted yet.

6. nursesammy

Mar 21, 2010
    Alta Vista , KS
    Yeah! The local feed store was selling guineas and they were week olds on top of that! So i got 2 lavenders! Yeah! Now the 1 has company.

7. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by