From Australia (Down Under)!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chihiro, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Chihiro

Chihiro New Egg

Oct 29, 2013
    Hello, I am new here and I am a young poultry enthusiast, especially when it comes to waterfowl!

I come from Western Australia and have a bunch of birds that roam free range on the farm. We have a nice big black australorp rooster, some black australorp girls, a blue australorp girl, light sussex and coronation hens, and some cross bred hens. I also have two pilgrim geese named Rory and Amelia which I hand reared from 1.5-2 weeks of age (my avatar when they were goslings). I absolutely adore Amelia, she's gorgeous and has such a sweet personality.

I joined up in hopes of getting some more information on poultry and perhaps giving some information too. I am recently been juggling the idea of buying an incubator but I know near to nothing on the subject, so hopefully I can learn enough to make an informed decision.

[​IMG]

2. keepmumsane

keepmumsane Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2009
    featherston
    Hi, Im from New Zealand. Also here on a big learning curve. Your geese sound fun .. I have my first incubator running now, so no idea if it'll be any good yet. 12.5 days to go and counting :D I ve met some nice people here so far . Welcome

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  3. babyfoot

babyfoot Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi and welcome. I think we ALL learn something new here every day, I know I have. Hope you have fun. I'm new here too and still finding my way around

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
  5. All Henned Up

All Henned Up Muffs or Tufts

BYC...Fair dinkum
    Welcome and enjoy!
    Steve. :frow

6. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome to BYC!

7. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Hello and welcome to BYC! [​IMG] Glad to have you aboard. [​IMG]

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] Australians have a strong presence on BYC you can find them at "Australia six states and one funny little island," and "Australians where are you," threads - they also participate on the Emu threads.

They would be able to tell you what incubators are available in your country .

9. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC! Drumstick Diva gave you good advice, good luck to you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by