From Billy to Willy (potentially graphic topic)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by BCBunnies, Jul 8, 2011.

1. BCBunnies

BCBunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Well finally got up and got my elastrator today from the feed store. I was waiting to try to get an emasculator but since I got hit in an accident the other night and we don't exactly have the extra funds right now I went ahead with the economical option. Popped him up on the stanchion and attached his halter to the head piece securely and he made a little fuss when I gave him the CD&T pretty much no reaction when I also gave him a dose of antibiotics then got ready to brace myself for a fight. Slipped the band on and he didn't even so much as flinch.... Fiancee was videotaping the whole process and he didn't scream not even a bleat nothing... Guess since he was living with the two girls he didn't take much stock to needing his boy bits. [​IMG] He was running away a bit stiff legged and he winced as he was laying down but I can't blame him. Mmade sure to spray him good with blu-kote as well so now his legs and whole back end are purple as well as my shorts, my hands, our family friends hands (she was helping hold his legs in case of a struggle), and her shirt and the goat stanchion looks tie-dyed now... LOL I wish all goats took it so easy.

2. Brody's Broodello

Brody's Broodello Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2009
    Maryland
    I always take a piece of baling twine & after making sure both rounders are down in the sack, tie a little loop above. Than take the rubber band & place it above the twine, take off twine & wa la a new whether has entered the world. Hubby made the mistake of doing the deed by himself one year. Just slide the band on and was done before I came home. Well later that year, the whether's had pregoed the 14 year old ewe of thier new owner! Needless to say HE DOES NOT dehooddle by himself anymore! He wasn't aware that the hoodles could suck themselves back up into the body when they felt threatened! I asked "Seriously..... Are you sure your a guy?" I don't have a pair myself, but geeze, I even knew that, from six grade sex ed class!

Congrates on your dehooddling!

3. BCBunnies

BCBunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Oh yeah made definately sure both "boys" were well full and down much to the wincing of my fiancee. And I also leave a bit of the sack above the band as per my experience it seems to do better on the boys.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by