From CA and I think one of my gals has worms

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by the chicken of bristol, Oct 18, 2011.

1. the chicken of bristol

the chicken of bristol New Egg

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm from the Sacramento area. I've had chickens for about 2 years now and have loved using BYC for about a year. I currently have one Plymouth Barred Rock, one Rhode Island Red, and two Delewares. This is the first time I've wanted to ask a question. There is a thread on worming chickens, but wanted to get folks' opinions on NOT worming. Just went out to the coop and found a pretty loose stool with a bunch of white worms in it. A while ago, I asked our local vet what he though about worms and he seemed to think all chickens have them and they aren't worth treating.
    Thoughts?
    I'm guessing that the gal who passed them must have eaten something that the worms didn't like. I don't necessarily like the idea of giving my gals poison too and not being able to eat their eggs.

2. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    [​IMG] from Houston, Texas and minced garlic is a good remedy for getting rid of worms from chickens.

3. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Look up "worms" in search--- there is great advice on how to tackle that problem!

4. taylor2

taylor2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    Turlock Ca
    Welcome from Modesto Ca.

5. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Welcome!! [​IMG]

6. Curt

Curt Out Of The Brooder

Welcome to BYC from AZ!

7. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    Sorry cannot help you, I think in general most people worm them if they have them, but not in that spot yet, so I don't know but Welcome [​IMG]. Glad you are here [​IMG]

8. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC. What are the worms doing inside your chicken? Think about it.

9. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! Looks like you are getting good advice, so I will just say best of luck with the girls!

[​IMG]

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by