From Central Texas, how R Y'all?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Johnies Girls, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Johnies Girls

Johnies Girls Out Of The Brooder

Jan 10, 2013
    Good day to you all. I'm from the central part of Texas west of the city of College Station, home of the campus of the Texas A&M Aggies, in a community called Chriesman near the town of Caldwell. I've raised chickens on and off since I was 12. I am 57 and have about 30 years of experience messin' w/various breeds and types of poultry. Both sides of my families grandparents had around 50 chickens at all times when I was young. I have 24 at present, Ameraucanas, White Leghorns, Rhode Island Reds, Black Copper Marans, Easter Eggers, Red Sussex, Barred Plymouth Rocks and Modern Game Bantams, w/5 of them being caged roosters ready and waiting for their alternating week on the yard w/the girls. I sell sme eggs to my co-workers & I eat the rest. That's not completely true, Buster and TEX, my dogs (see pics) eat some on weekends when I scramble them some of the extras. I don't know how I 1st ended up at BackyardChicken.com, probably something I was searching for brought me to a blog on the site. But I have enjoyed coming here just to read every since. I also garden, fly kites and deer hunt as additional hobbies. Only gardening comes close to consuming my time as my chickens do. I raise rabbits for the meat and potbellied pigs (see picks) to prove I'm not as smart as my co-workers think I am at work (not really, I just like them). I am the founder and sales/consultant of a 27 yr old water and wastewater treatment chemical and equipment distribution company for water suppliers. I decided to join for the benifit of being able to get actively involved blogging.

2. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    [​IMG] Welcome to BYC!!! Glad you joined.

3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

4. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!!
    [​IMG]
    Glad you joined us!!!

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Johnies Girls, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our flock! Best of luck with your chickens, gardening, and other hobbies!

6. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC - very glad that you have joined our community.

8. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

BYC is a fun place to hang around

9. nothingbutbirds

nothingbutbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    hello and welcome

10. DDNONIN2016