From Michigan first time

nik03690

Hatching
Mar 20, 2016
Michigan
Hi I'm Nikki this is my first time I have raised egg laying chickens and I'm so excited to start I don't know much about it but I am ready to learn. I am going to have my chickens free rang during the day and in their house at night. I can't wait for all of the help I will get from everyone.

Hi :welcome Nikki

Glad you could join the flock! The learning centre would be a great place for you to check out ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center It has lots of fab articles that will really help you with your new chicken adventures. I'm sure you will enjoy your new layers very much, it's a fab hobby that's lots of fun and very rewarding too.
Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

welcome-byc.gif
glad you have joined us and congrats on getting your own flock.

I am jealous of all who have the ability to let theirs free-range, we have too many predators here.

Do explore the issue of predators to make sure your flock stays safe.

Hi Nikki and welcome to BYC.

Joining your state thread will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area, which can be helpful (just type the name of your state in the search box).

All the best
CT

welcome-byc.gif

x2 on the Learning Center and your state thread...both are great resources.

Free ranging has it's good and bad sides. If you can not accept losing an occasional chicken to predators, then confined to a covered run (with plenty of space) is the safer way to go.

Back
Top Bottom