From Nashville

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chandellmc, Feb 27, 2017.

1. chandellmc

chandellmc Just Hatched

Feb 27, 2017
    Tennessee
    Hello, I have a small back yard flock and and just decided to add 8 new chicks as we keep them mainly as pets. The chicks I wanted were different ages so I have four 5-6 week old's and four 1-2 week olds. So excited to start this journey!

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC and congratulations on your new additions! What breed(s) have you started with?

3. chandellmc

chandellmc Just Hatched

Feb 27, 2017
    Tennessee
    I have RIR and Orpington's now. I can not believe how attached I am to my RIR she waits for me every morning and literally jumps at my feet like a puppy when she sees me. I was going to get more RIR but they didn't have any chicks when I went to the farm. So I got 2 Speckled Sussex (1 week old), 2 Welsummer (2 week old), 2 Easter Eggers (5 week old), and a Golden Laced Wyandotte and a Silver Wyandotte (6 week old). I'm hoping they are all ladies, and the old farmer swears he's right almost all the time. [​IMG] He did the flip over leg trick. Also the Welsummer's and Speckled Sussex were mixed together so fingers crossed we got two of each. I will post pictures tomorrow.

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  5. chandellmc

chandellmc Just Hatched

Feb 27, 2017
    Tennessee
    We had to do a quick adjustment and set up two brooders because of the age difference. I currently have all the chicks in a heated garage until it gets warmer outside. The littles with an extra heat lamp and temp gauge. My husband told be I'm worse than a mother hen with those babies. I check on them constantly.

6. chandellmc

chandellmc Just Hatched

Feb 27, 2017
    Tennessee
    Awesome. I will do that tomorrow on the older ones. I'm sure of there breeds just not 100% on the gender.

7. chandellmc

chandellmc Just Hatched

Feb 27, 2017
    Tennessee

Awesome. I will do that tomorrow on the older ones. I'm sure of there breeds just not 100% on the gender.

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under chandellmc [​IMG] Welcome!

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

9. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Those are a couple of great breeds! Best wishes and thanks for joining our poultry family! [​IMG]

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by