From now on...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Goose and Fig, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I'm just going to take all my culls to the PO! They sure have a way of making wanted birds dissappear, why not the ones we don't want? [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Now, there's a thought! The thing is that I'd rather just cull and get it over with rather than torture the poor things to death.

3. Goose and Fig

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I just don't get how they can completely lose my birds. Poof! I mean- if ya left them on the dock and cooked em- just admit it! This is the 4th time it's happened.

4. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Personally, I think the PO does a great job. It is unfortunate that you have had such a bad experience, but remember they do service millions, that are totally satisfied. I can not think of another servive that accomplishes what the USPS does...for all o us!

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:I haven't had birds lost, though I did just get a chicken ornament I ordered for Ken for Christmas. Last week. Apparently it had been sitting on the shelf in the back and everyone thought everyone else told us and they never sent it back!

6. Goose and Fig

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I never have a problem with stuff coming from the mid-west or west coast. It's just the east coast- anything that goes through Atlanta just falls off the radar.

Don't they run the receiving zip code before they ship your package out? If they can't get it to me in the "guaranteed time" then why do they take the money for it?

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I started having my stuff shipped to my work address before we moved, simply because even FedEx and UPS left my packages at the post office which closes at 5 pm. I don't leave work til 5 pm. And chicks can't wait there until Saturday.

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

It's just the east coast- anything that goes through Atlanta just falls off the radar.

Yep, that's why I never mail anything that is perishable or super fragile through Atlanta. And you may not know this, but Atlanta is so overworked that they are sending stuff to the bottom of the state instead, forgot which city. That may be part of the problem.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by