From Ohio

lfoose

Songster
12 Years
Oct 1, 2007
Medina, OH
Hi All,

I am from Medina, OH. I just began raising my chickens. I have two hens and one rooster...and someday soon, I'd love to get more.

Hi, and welcome! Im not sure where that is in Ohio, I am in Indiana...SE. ABout an hr from cincinatti. If ya want a few more chickens...let me know, I have an access of rescued banties, that need good homes! Again, welcome to the madness!!
big_smile.png

I'm in between Columbus and Dayton. I drove up north the other day to Polk, OH to pick up more chickens from Meyer Hatchery. They sell 17 week old pullets so ready to lay. I think that's close to Medina.

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to BYC! I'm from NE IN but have roots in your area-my Grandma grew up in Seville and is buried in Wadsworth, and I still have relatives in the area. I don't get to see them much, but I love visiting in the area because I feel like I'm connected to my past!

I grew up in Cleveland Oh and finally moved out of the city. Medina is about 30 miles south of Cleveland. We are located in Granger Twp which is in the NE part of Medina county, about 5-10 mins from Medina City.

Seville is a nice area.

justusnak, Where are your resuced banties?

I must say, this forum is full of a lot of nice and helpful people. And I am fighting the urge to have about 50 chickens!

were you in cleveland itself, or outskirts

I grew up in Olmsted Falls, but spent my summers in medina and lorain county. spencer,black river, wellington, lagrange grandparents on one side(lorain county) and uncle on other (medina). Used to live at the fairs out there, nothing like it out here.

Welcome to BYC

We lived in Cleveland. The Old Brooklyn area about 1.5 miles from the zoo.

My husband grew up in Medina. When we began looking for houses we started in Wellington, Grafton and LaGrange. Wellington would have been too far of a commute though. After 6 mos of not finding what we could both agree on in Grafton/LaGrange, we tried in Medina...and well, here we are.

had neighbors commute to the brookpark chevy plant every day from wellington, I agree its too far for ever day commute, but would like to live there, then again it has grown a LOT since early 80's. was husband into 4H ?

The parts of Wellington we looked at were still pretty open. Cleveland, I'd never move back to.

LOL, no my husband was more into herbs instead of animals....

Back
Top Bottom