From pip to hatch....Another quick update!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by TennesseeTruly, Nov 7, 2009.

1. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    I have 9 Indian Runner eggs in the incubator due to hatch tomorrow. I can hear them peeping a bit and can see pipping on some of the eggs. I've never hatched ducks before so approximately from when they pip to hatch, how long is it usually? I'm doing everything to try to keep myself busy to keep away from the incubator!

I'm so darn excited!!! YAY!!

2 babies have hatched so far. I can't get a good picture of them because the incubator is too fogged up. Come on the rest of the babies!!!!!

Laurie

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  2. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    My experience has been approximately 24 hours from pip to hatch, with variation from as little as 10 hours to as many as 48. But the vast majority have been 24 hours. I have hatched a total of 23 ducks (out of 30 eggs set), in three separate batches, all of them Indian Runner eggs. They have all been from McMurray stock originally, for what that's worth. Anyway, it seems to be pretty common experience that they take about 24 hours.

I'm excited for you. I LOVE hatching. I have an empty incubator at the moment and it's driving me crazy! Good luck on your hatch. Keep your hands out of the incubator! And post pics as they hatch...

3. 688peterl

688peterl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    I had two indian runner eggs in my incubator (i only wanted 2 ducks so i removed the other fertile eggs), one pipped on wednesday at about 2 pm (donald) and the other at about 8 pm (louis), donald hatched at 9 am the following day (thursday 5th bonfire night!) and louis hatched at 3 am so he was six hours later, for both my eggs it was 19 hours, it felt like 19 years!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  4. 688peterl

Oct 2, 2009
    i want to hatch more but im not allowed [​IMG]

5. briarpatchfarms

briarpatchfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    I have had them anywhere from 2 hours to 48 hours from pipping just depends on the duckling and how strong they are from the begining

6. TennesseeTruly

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Thanks everyone! I haven't been in to check on the incubator in 51 minutes! Hands are definitely OUT of the incubator. I don't have any empty incubators. LOL I just hatched out some Seramas. I have some OEGB's in an incubator due to hatch in 3 days. I have an incubator filled with assorted eggs from more Seramas to Mille Fleur D'uccles to Black Cochins, to more OEGB's to Gold Laced Cochins to ummmm I think thats it. LOL

But once these ducks hatch I WILL have an empty incubator. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Laurie

7. briarpatchfarms

briarpatchfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    Quote:Well good luck on all your hatches looks like you'll have your hands full all winter

8. tia

tia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    How exciting... you will have to post pictures when they hatch. We are all waiting...... It is so exciting. I can't wait until next spring when I get to hatch some more.... Runners are so fun too!!!!

tia

9. TennesseeTruly

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    UGH, 2am and there is no more than the initial pips from all of them. Humidity is good, I can still hear some peeping when I go into the room they're in. I wish I could fall asleep...this is going to drive me NUTS!!

Laurie

10. 688peterl

Oct 2, 2009
    Quote:omg 2 hours [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by