From Sunny Nevada HELLO!!!!

gamblelover85

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 20, 2011
Pahrump
I am very new to this forum but have found so much good info from everyone. I am very happy this forum exists otherwise i don't know what i would have done with my new quail chicks and eggs.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We have had chickens for over 4 years now we started with a mix of bard rocks and rhode island red mixes and after they stopped laying butchered them for the dogs food after those we got 4 buff orpingtons we don't have any roosters but our buffys aren't layinglike they should so this year we are raising broilers and fryers along with brown leghorns and black stars the later 2 for laying obviously lol

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
As of right now we have 21 friers, 22 broilers, 4 buffys, 7 brown leg horns and 6 black stars

(3) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
My mother absolutely loves this forum she recommended it for the quail eggs that just started hatching yesterday.

(4) What are some of your other hobbies?
We have 3 Beautiful horses and i love to go riding when i'm not reading a good book that is.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have one 8 year old son and he absolutely loves living on a farm. We got a jersey cow (Macie) for milk just 2 weeks ago, She's never been bred before and we asked to have her impregnated so we bought 2 cows for the price of one the calf is due 1/9/2012 and Macie is just like a dog if you don't give her attention she'll demand it. Just the other day my son wouldn't pet her and he was standing against a fence so instead of walking away she decided to butt him in the stomach with her head. She didn't mean to hurt him and it was kinda funny
gig.gif

Again i thank everyone for all their support now if i could only get my new quail chicks to eat that would make my day.

Back
Top Bottom