From sunny San Diego!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ChookMaMaNSons, Nov 28, 2013.

1. ChookMaMaNSons

ChookMaMaNSons New Egg

Nov 28, 2013
    My oldest son and I are big chicken enthusiasts! We have raised and bred mix breed chickens with the help of my husbands Chicken Castle building and engineering skills. Jerry has been hinting at showing chickens for awhile and has narrowed down his target breed to Salmon Faverolles after his first choice was blown out of the water. I'm a bit worried this isn't going to pan out either, I'm all for learning from disappointment but twice being told that isn't going to work out would be tough to chew for anyone. Why does he have such distinctive taste in chicken? No pun intended! We enjoy learning every aspect of chicken keeping from sprouting grain to fermenting feed. Can't wait to learn and grow and make new chooky friends who are just as poultry crazy as I am.

2. fosterson

fosterson Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

It's great to have you here! :)

And what was his first choice in breed, anyway?

3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome to BYC! Good luck with the show Faverolles, hopefully you'll find some on the breed thread.

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!

5. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Do you know why the first two attempts failed? Was it because of choosen breeds or something else (predators, illness , temperament etc)? Are you seeking layers, meat chickens or just beautiful lawn decorations?

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Have you gone to a local show and talked with some fanciers showing your desired breeds? Most poultry people are especially willing to help a young person. Welcome to BYC.

8. Fluffers

Fluffers Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by