From the hinterlands of Kanawha County WV Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MrsWayne, Sep 13, 2016.

1. MrsWayne

MrsWayne New Egg

Well, hello there! I am a new member of BYC. I tend to hang back and just read, so you may not see a lot of posts from me. I am just starting to look into having a few chickens. The husband hinted at ducks, but I'm not ready for all that yet. :)

So - here goes!

2. Fluffers

Fluffers Chillin' With My Peeps

cool! nice to meet you and[​IMG]

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, MrsWayne, and :welcome. Happy you joined our community! There is lots to read on BYC - that's for sure. The Learning Center is a great place to start. Best wishes and enjoy your poultry adventure!

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Greetings and welcome aboard - thanks for joining us. I am sure that the learning centre will help you, but if you have any questions, then please do not hesitate to ask!

Best wishes
    CT

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Very nice to meet you Mrs.Wayne, hope you will enjoy Backyard chickens as much as we do.[​IMG]

6. chickendreams24

chickendreams24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2015
    Wisconsin, USA
    Welcome from Wisconsin! We're glad to help you start your journey. It will take some more posts before you can (I believe it requires 10) but message me any time if you have any questions at all and I'll do my best to answer. Everyone here is wonderful and I'm sure would try to help you answer any questions you may have. Have you decided on a starting number yet? If you want to raise chicks or buy juveniles? Do you just want eggs or meat or both? Are you interested in heritage breeds or production breeds?

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by