1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

From This Week's Hatches-The New Ones!(PICS!)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by speckledhen, Jan 6, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Barred Rocks, Blue, Black & Splash Orps, Blue Orp/Buff Brahma crosses and one black Ameraucana. Here they are:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Blue Orp/Buff Brahma cross-this one is black:
    [​IMG]

Blue Orp/Buff Brahma cross-this is the blue one, alone and in the next pic so you can see the size of the butterball:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Most of the "herd"-sorry about the messy brooder. We have the egg basket with the towel in it so we can transfer the newly hatched last three into there and not have them get run down by overly enthusiastic siblings and I cant reach it well till that thing is out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

They are soooo cute! [​IMG]

Tonya

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

What cute little fuzzballs....never ceases to amaze me how fast they grow and change.

4. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    How beautiful! I finally have a plan for my class project and these pics are just going to get them so fired up! Congrats on your wonderful babies.
    Kate

5. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    They are so cute. I can't believe how much I miss having little fuzzy butts around. 19 days to go. [​IMG] (I think) [​IMG]

6. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    Great pics !!! Thanks for the update !!

That one is huge compared to the others but the splash still sticks out as prettiest.

The more I look at the splash the more geeked I am about my eggs coming from Bama !! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Julie [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

The problem is that I have so many black chicks, BRs, Ameraucana, Orpington, that I can't tell which is which except if there is a defined headspot and I know it's a BR. I need some feathers! A couple are already starting to grow wing feathers at three days old. That always amazes me. There's a total of 19 in there with one more egg yet to hatch in a few days.

8. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    They are so sweet looking. It's amazing how fast they grow.

9. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    They are so cute.......... I want some babies..... [​IMG]

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Cyn....it doesn't look like the splash has much of a comb......I know a person can't really tell much this early, but I think a lot of times those little roos have a bit more from the beginning. With the last welsummers I hatched out a month ago the ones I picked out as roos from the beginning are proving me right.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by